ATBN and AfriConEU, under the umbrella of the AfriConEU Networking Academy, will host an online Webinar on the 13th of July, 12.00 – 13.30 CET about “Gender lens innovation – Building inclusive ecosystems”.
African Digital Innovation ecosystems are key drivers for social and economic development in Africa. However, the Digital Gender Gap – the under-representation and lack of access to opportunities for women and girls within the digital ecosystem, remains a challenge that has been exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic. While African Digital Innovation Hubs (DIH) are playing a crucial role in addressing the gender gap, many of them lack the tools and resources to create system-level change.
To address this challenge, AfriConEU, the first Trans-continental Networking Academy for African and European Digital Innovation Hubs in partnership with ATBN will host a virtual webinar on “Gender Lens Innovation – Building inclusive ecosystems”.
The main objective of this webinar is to equip DIH leaders with gender-lens innovation tools and methods to build programs that contribute to promoting gender inclusion within their ecosystems.
Topics to be discussed:
- Introduction to System-thinking and gender-lens innovation
- Identifying systemic drivers of the digital gender gap in Africa
- Co-creating solutions to promote gender-inclusive ecosystems
Who should attend?
- Leaders of Digital Innovation Hubs (tech hubs, universities, incubators, accelerators)
- Entrepreneurs and entrepreneur support network leaders
- Digital skills providers
- CET 12.00 – 13.30
- EAT 13.00 – 14.30
- WAT 11.00 – 12.30
- BST 11.00 – 12.30
- EEST 13.00 – 14.30