Building a Network of Funding Sources | ECA Hybrid Workshop
26th January | Hybrid
Emerging Communities of Africa and AfriConEU, under the umbrella of the AfriConEU Networking Academy, will host a hybrid workshop on the 26th January, 10.00 – 13.00 (CET) about “Building and Using a Network of Funding Sources”
This workshop aims to distribute knowledge on funding sources for Digital Innovation Hubs (DIHs) and startups. This includes events and programs supporting matchmakings, such as incubation, acceleration, scouting, pitch/demo events, or boot camps. The workshop will also cover strategies for building and maintaining relationships with funders, provide tips and best practices for maximizing the impact of funding opportunities and discuss the risk associated with any one source of funding, by providing multiple funding sources.
The workshop will include an introduction to the interests and needs of funding sources. Some areas to be discussed at the workshop include What an innovation ecosystem is and the need for such a system, funding sources available and roles played by DIHs between financing and projects.
By the end of the workshop, participants should be able to:
- Identify and describe funding sources within their innovation ecosystem.
- Match financing sources to project needs.
- Describe the role of DIHs as reference points.
- Identify key roles and activities for DIHs as matchmaking.
- Understand best practices for maximizing funding opportunities and relationships.
Who should attend?
- Leaders of DIHs (tech hubs, universities, incubators, accelerators)
- Entrepreneurs and entrepreneur support network leaders
- Digital skills provider
- CET 10.00 – 13.00
- EAT 11.00 – 14.00
- WAT 10.00 – 13.00
- BST 10.00 – 13.00
- EEST 12.00 – 15.00